Pages

September 30, 2011

Writer's Block


I told you I ran into a few celebrities while in NYC

My carry-on NYC weekend packed a lot into a little: a few celebu-sightings, a play called Avenue Q, ABC Carpet and Home, an Art Fair, FAO Schwartz (where we ran into Gwenyth Paltrow and Apple), Art Galleries, plus a multi-cultural array of cuisine -- South African, Indian, Afghan, American, street vendor, Asian, and the old standbys: wine, peanuts and bagels. 

Some of the great views from the windows of our incredible host's incredible apartment:
Overlooking Central Park
Mandarin Oriental Hotel deck next door
Rooftop Deck
I would be remiss if I failed to admit that some karaoke was crammed into the weekend as well.  (cheers.)

Now that my brain is mush on overload, I've barely been able to form a coherent thought or sentence all week.  But I wanted to thank everyone to who emailed me with all the great suggestions, etc.   My head is spinning with ideas from some of the incredible furniture/designs I saw, and I'm excited to get back to some of my projects armed with fresh perspective.  Oddly, the trip left me feeling so creative that it drained me of all creativity to write anything interesting about it? Strage, but true.  

'Writer's Block' by Amy Spiridellis
A piece on my friend/art-collector/host's coffee table
How I'm feeling at the moment
Meanwhile for all you locals:  don’t forget 'Art for Art Sake' is this weekend!  See you around the galleries…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a student studying at University of Texas and genuinely enjoy what you have obtained here, certainly like what you're saying and the way via which you affirm it.
You are presenting it in a way that is enjoyable and you still take care to keep it clever.
I am inspired to trade theory and insight with you. This is absolutely a tremendous web site.


Here is my blog post - online home mortgage

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...