Pages

October 28, 2011

There's no place like (someone else's) Home...

...especially if there's a fabulous guest room in that home.
A friend asked me to help her transform this guest room into something a bit more _____ (choose one: a. colorful, b. stylish, c. comfortable, d. all of the above).  Ding, ding, ding - D it is!  Here is what we're working with:
Say hello to brass.  A beautiful antique brass bed.
Cozy window nook.
A new attic addition to the house, the room already has a fresh creamy-white coat of paint. The plan is to add color with fabric and furniture.  


Follow me on the yellow brick road to Emerald City...


I'm a sucker for brass and a nice emerald green. And since she has a beautiful brass bed, all we need is a kick or two of green.  Here are some inspiration images for the room:
Orange you glad for green and orange?
There a few things about this room that are a bit too busy for my taste, but I adore the color scheme.
If I was a poet, I'd write an ode to emerald green.  On the color spectrum of greens, it's king.   Design board for the room:
Only the good witch Glenda is allowed here.
Without going into too much detail, I want to paint the chest of drawers already in the room an emerald green and add brass hardware.  There are two chairs on either side of the dresser that will get a fun animal print upholstery.  I also want to add a cushion for the window seat and a fun little mini chandelier above it.  New bedding and lighting will complete the look.  We are just getting going on this project, so stay tuned.  

Please forgive me if the following song is now stuck in your head: Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow brick road, follow, follow, follow, follow...

2 comments:

My Interior Life said...

I just found your blog when doing some research on tortoise shells and found your post about them. Now, I've been poking around like a crazy stalker. I LOVE where you're going with this room. I know this was back in October, is there an after post? I would love to see the finished product! Your blog is wonderful!!

Katherine Velie said...

soon....It's taken a while just due to some changes with the client deciding on if she was going to change the bed size, etc.! Just getting the window seat done and chairs finished and finally got the chest to paint! Check back in @ two weeks to get some after pix!! thanks for your interest!!
Kat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...