Pages

July 17, 2011

Mustard on the side please...

Who likes mustard? Me, me, me!!! (hand raises). How about some mustard velour? Yeppers, see the abomination below....


You know what they say: What's one person's mustard, yellow velour is another person's...um, project? Yes, mine. All mine. I found this beauty in one of my favorite consigment shops in the 'Must Go' section. I paid next to nothing. Sadly, the '70s fabric and the awful speckled, cheap wood met their demise at my hands.

I stripped the sucker down. The hot mustard velour met it's soul-mate in the form of a sturdy, and perfectly nice green plastic trashbag...and they lived happily never after. A little sweat, sanding, priming, painting, etc. later, and we arrive here...

Some details of the nice lines and carvings on the chair.





Attention mustard fans, it's looking a lot better now, agree? I am loving this chair, and an added bonus -- it's super comfortable. Unfortunately it sits hidden and naked in my closet (please excuse the mess) because I cannot decide on a place, nor a material for it. Sugestions?


I'd like to do something similar to what I did with my dining room chairs. A nice neutral stripe or suede on the front and some fabulous silk chinoiserie on the back. See dining room chairs:

Look out for a final photo when this baby finds a home. Until then, I'll take my mustard on the side please. Ketchup anyone?


1 comment:

Va said...

I think the site is awesome! I will be sure to give you a photo of the bed in the room. Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...